Learn from the Original Taekwondo Family
|Great Grandmaster and his three sons (Grandmaster Tae Sun Kang on far right)
||Grandmaster Kang and Great Grandmaster |
- The Kang System of Taekwondo represents over 70 years of world-class experience in martial arts training.
- The Kang Family established the first Taekwondo Academy in Brooklyn, New York in 1969.
- The program's phenomenal success is based on training methods developed and tested over time by Grandmaster Tae Sun Kang.
- Grandmaster Tae Sun Kang trained in the martial arts directly under his father, the world-renowned Great Grandmaster Suh Chong Kang, 10th Dan Black Belt, the highest ranking living Korean martial artist in the world.
Great Grandmaster Suh Chong Kang
- Started martial arts training in 1938
- Founder of Kuk Mu Kwan Taekwondo in 1963
- Head Instructor of the Korean Military Intelligence Agency - known presently as KCIA (1957 - 1969)
- Commanding Instructor for the Republic of Korea (ROK) Army (1960 - 1968)
- President of American Taekwondo Association (1969 - 1978)
- Vice-President of International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) (1977 - 1983)
- President of American Taekwondo Federation (1978-1995)
- Chairman of World Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan Federation (2001 - Present)
- His students include world-renowned Masters and Grandmasters
In front of the Chung Do Kwan (the first Taekwondo school in Korea) May 26, 1946
Great Grandmaster Suh Chong Kang and his Taekwondo teacher, Great Grandmaster Won Kuk Lee - founder of the Chung Do Kwan